The free Enterprise Activation application download enables activation of BlackBerry® smartphones for use with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express or MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition over the wireless network using a compatible BlackBerry data plan.
The application is designed to give users access to advanced functionality in a few easy steps and to help make it easier for administrators to set up BlackBerry smartphones on an organization’s email servers.
It helps connect users with their organization’s email server quickly for access to wireless synchronization of email, calendar, contacts and more. It also makes it easier for individuals who have acquired BlackBerry smartphones for personal use to use the same smartphone for business purposes quickly by enabling activation and synchronization without needing to connect to a computer.
The Enterprise Activation application requires:
• A BlackBerry® smartphone running BlackBerry® Device Software version 5.0 or later
• A compatible BlackBerry® data plan
• An enterprise activation password provided by an administrator
• A supported version of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express or MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition For support
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express users can visit blackberry.com/go/supportexpress and click the link ‘Read the Technical Note to learn more about the Enterprise Activation app’
• MDaemon Messaging Server, BlackBerry Edition users can visit mdaemon-mail-server.com/blackberry.html to review the document ‘BlackBerry Smartphone Configuration – Quick Start Guide (PDF)’